Education For Building America's Future!
Molecular Biology and Genetics
* The Mendelweb Home Page Once on the Mendelweb click on the table of contents to find copies of Mendel's original writings.
* A Primer on Molecular Genetics is an excellent place to begin the study of molecular biology. A wide range of topics are discussed here.
* The Pasteur Institute: Molecular Biology on the Web. The Pasteur Institute has put together a listing of sites dealing with molecular biology. This site can be a spring board to doing research.
* Enzyme Research is a paper authored by Sean Stevens, Ph.D. at the Rockefeller University
* Host Genomes This site is maintained by The Institute for Animal Health. It contains research on animal genomes.
DNA and GENOMES
* The Genome Sequence Databaseis a collection of DNA sequence data and related information.
* Electron Microscopy Tomography of DNA Depleted Human (He-La) Cell Line chromosomes This presentation was made at the International conference on 3 Dimensional Image Processing in Microscopy.
* The National Center for Human Genome Research has included links to Genomic databases and grant information on this site.
VIRTUAL BIOLOGY* The Virtual Flylab. Waiting weeks for your fruit flys to breed? Try the Virtual Flylab and save weeks of work.
* Molecular Modeling. The Pasteur Institutes site on molecular modeling. It contains links to several other sites.
* The Johns Hopkins University BioInformatics Web Server contains Prot Web database as well as other biology raelated links.
* The Genome Database Hosted by The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario CANADA database. When searching this database be specific, it contains hundreds of links on proteins.
* The NRL 3D Database is a sequence structure database derived from the 3 dimensional structure of proteins deposited with Brookhaven National Laboratory's data bank.
* The Pasteur Institutes Selected Databases are links to protein databases around the world.
* The Internet Public Library Cell Biology Ready Reference is a searchable dictionary of cell biology.
* The Eugene McDermott Center for Human Growth and Development. is a wonderful site loaded with links to servers, databases and much more. A must see!
* The World Wide Web Virtual Library of Biochemistry, Biophysics, and Molecular Biology. is a large list of reference links including journals, searchable files and graphics
* The Image Library of Biological Macromolecules is a large collection of graphics
* MEDWEB supplies a list of links to other biology sites.
* Net Biochem is a complete site in the area of biology including text, graphics and animations.
* Drosophila Links This is the place to start when looking for information on fruit flys.
* Access Excellence puts high school biology teachers in touch with their colleagues, scientists and critical sources of scientific information. It is a national educational program sponsored by Genentech Inc.
* Microbiology Education Resources This is a great site with links to animations, 3D images and other goodies.
Want to be part of the
Become a Contributor.
If you know of any outstanding Science, Math or Technology education sites recommend them and you name will join the elite group of
Copyright © 2022 Sci+MaTe
All Rights Reserved.